Re: Database Mirroring Solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Database Mirroring Solution
Date
List pgsql-general
Gideon wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have done some research and it seems there are no active mirroring
>  solutions for postgresql 8 and above. I did see Slony but I need
> Master to Master functionality and not only Master to Slave/'s.

That's not "mirroring", it's known as  "multi-master replication".
Mirroring is generally considered single-master => single-slave. Or
duplicate queries perhaps.

 >Is
 > anyone aware of any mirroring solutions for postgres ?

I don't know of any plug-and-play system either. Some support for
two-phase commit was added recently and I believe Slony might be
supporting multi-master in its next version.

Having said that, I'm not aware of any generic solution (for any RDBMS)
that can handle all the permutations of peoples requirements. It might
be that you can assemble something that meets your needs - can you share
any details about how/why you intend to use this?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd