Re: Database Mirroring Solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gideon
Subject Re: Database Mirroring Solution
Date
Re: Database Mirroring Solution  (Ben <bench@silentmedia.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the quick reply.

We basicaly need to run a database servers in 2 different
towns. Now there will be update's and selects and both need
to be in sync with each other. Aswell as if / when database in
town 1 goes down ... we need to be able to switch to the database
in town 2 for emergency purposes. We cannot use just one master
as the connectivity between the two towns isn't fast enough for
the amount of users that will be viewing data through the connection.

(The fastest affordable connection here for this purpose is round about
256k.)

Regards
Gideon