Re: upgrade to 8.0.9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: upgrade to 8.0.9
Date
List pgsql-general
surabhi.ahuja wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently using 8.0.0 and I want to upgrade to 8.0.9
> Please tell if i can just install the rpms for 8.0.9

Upgrading from 8.0.x to 8.0.9 will use your current datafiles without
problems. Upgrading to 8.1.5 will need a dump/restore.

> Will I not have to rebuild my application with new libpq.so?
> or does the libpq.so still remain the same.

The 8.0.0 client should connect to 8.0.9 server without problems but .so
libs are dynamicly linked so your app will use the one currently
installed on the machine running your app and you shouldn't need to
re-link with the newer version.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com