$ Contribution vs $ Matching Pledge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject $ Contribution vs $ Matching Pledge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Since PG is not a governmental entity, I'll work under the premise that
we can't spend what we don't have.

We keep a local, non-profit radio station on during the day.  2X per
year, they have a gift-giving drive.

Some local companies/individuals specify an amount (matching funds).
The announcer then says:

"Folks, Company XYZ will match your generous gift --- up to $xxx, with
an additional, matching gift of $xxx. Take advantage of this opportunity
now to help support the cause!"  Apparently, it works quite well.

Sounds simple, but I'm guessing we could change that.  :-)