Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Michael Dean wrote:
> Have any of you guys been in a situation where you are at a
> decision-making conference table where you are the only man?  We are
> talking here of overwhelming sufficating levels of estrogen, the
> anti-Mars perspectives are dominating, and you are chastised for using a
> common football term.  Well, right now, the postgresql community is
> similar, only its not a male-female thing, it is an engineer vs. anyone
> else thing!  You guys are denying the efficacy of scientific findings
> that could really put postgresql on the map!  You need to broaden your
> community to include people who can really help you! If you don't, you
> will perish, like CP/M.

O.k. fair enough. Let's say you are 100% right and I 100% agree that you
are 100% right.

What are *you* going to do about it?

I have never seen you at a show.
I have never seen you offer any expertise.
I have never seen you offer to help in any way.

I have seen, you complain, whine, moan, berate, and make insane comments
to the contrary of the community good.

So, please... Honestly, enlighten us, surprise us. Actually do something
productive.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/