Re: create function : change name of input parameter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lori Corbani
Subject Re: create function : change name of input parameter
Date
List pgsql-general
I *am* definitely dropping the function first.  I still get the same error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alban Hertroys [mailto:haramrae@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:44 AM
To: Lori Corbani
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] create function : change name of input parameter

On 20 August 2014 15:25, Lori Corbani <Lori.Corbani@jax.org> wrote:
> The  ‘create function’ documentation states:
>
> ‘You cannot change the name already assigned to any input parameter
> (although you can add names to parameters that had none before).’

Further on in that same paragraph (although I looked at the 9.3 docs) it says:
'To do that, you must drop and recreate the function.'

--
If you can't see the forest for the trees, Cut the trees and you'll see there is no forest.

The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s).
Ifyou believe you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.