PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

I recently reviewed your FAQ on OpenCRX and was surprised to see your
comment on PostgreSQL:

Please note that we do not recommend PostgreSQL for production use.
While PostgreSQL may be fine for many settings this DBMS simply does not
deliver the performance required for openCRX (PostgreSQL takes
minutes/hours to calculate 3-table-joins even for small data sets).

Frankly, I am stunned. I have PostgreSQL in production in everything
from Financial industries to large scale collaborative environments.

Perhaps there is something incorrect with your setting? I would be happy
to help you optimize your testing so that you can represent PostgreSQL
properly.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/