Re: Unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Unsubscribe
Date
List pgsql-performance
> [Joshua]
>> It is ridiculous that this community expects people to read email
>> headers to figure out how to unsubscribe from our lists.
>
> I always check the headers when I want to unsubscribe from any mailing
> list, and I think most people on this list have above average knowledge
> of such technical details.  Of course, on a list with this many
> recepients there will always be some exceptions ...

I would consider myself above average knowledge of such technical
details and I didn't know the list information was in the headers until
recently (the last time all of this came up).

Now, I of course did know that there were headers, and I can use them to
diagnose problems but I was unaware of an RFC that explicitly stated how
the headers were supposed to be sent for mailing lists.

However, that is besides the point. It is still ridiculous to expect
anyone to read the headers just to unsubscribe from a list.

If we didn't want to add it for each list we could just add a link here:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/