Re: On future conferences - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: On future conferences
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> We all know
> the Pervasive model for "support" does not work, I would question how

Uhmm... perhaps you should stick to speaking what you actually know? As
the lead consultant of the company that was doing this long before
Pervasive attempt and the company that is still doing it, profitably
with zero debt and zero venture capital...

You are wrong.

> popular these training courses are either.  Personally  my company would
> not pay 3-5 grand plus travel costs for one week courses.

There is a thing called market rates. Market rate for database training
is anywhere from 1.5k-5k based on what you are getting and that is only
if *you* go to the training.

Market rate for a trainer coming to you is 2k-2.5k a day + all expenses.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/