Backup & Restore - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Felipe Giotto
Subject Backup & Restore
Date
Re: Backup & Restore
List pgsql-novice
Hi!

I know this is a extremely novice question :D, but I'm trying to use a
simple command to backup an entire database to a file, and then restore
the entire database from the file, overwriting all the previously data
stored on the old database. I tried pg_dump and pg_restore (i can't
remember the parameters right now), but pg_restore always returns an
error about primary key violations. Can anybody tell me two commands to
backup and restore my databases without these key violation problems?

Thanks for the help!

Felipe Giotto ;-)

PS: Sorry for my poor english!! :D