Re: one for our brag page

From: Roderick A. Anderson
Subject: Re: one for our brag page
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

one for our brag page  (elein, )
 Re: one for our brag page  (Shane Ambler, )
  Re: one for our brag page  (Gavin Sherry, )
   Re: one for our brag page  (elein, )
    Re: one for our brag page  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: one for our brag page  (Darcy Buskermolen, )
  Re: one for our brag page  (elein, )
   Re: one for our brag page  ("Roderick A. Anderson", )
   Re: one for our brag page  ("Magnus Hagander", )
    Re: one for our brag page  (elein, )
     Re: one for our brag page  (Robert Treat, )
      Re: one for our brag page  (David Fetter, )

elein wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:36:44AM -0700, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
>
>>On September 24, 2006 12:45 pm, elein wrote:
>>
>>>Here is one for our brag page.  I finally got the OK for us to mention
>>>Safeway.
>>>
>>>Safeway -- "A retail environment across 3000 servers for business critical
>>>applications."
>>>
>>>Can someone list Safeway on the Featured User Pages?
>>>
>>>I eked out a one liner description that is OK with Safeway.  It would be
>>>nice to have a short description of the usage of PostgreSQL on the featured
>>>user pages so that we know a bit of what all of these companies are using
>>>postgres for.
>>
>>So what are they using PG for (beyond the fuzzy business critical
>>applications)?
>>

> That is the public description of what we are doing.  I cannot disclose
> the details other than we are also using slony.  You are supposed to say
> "oooh! 3000 servers" and forget to ask for details :)

If I show my Safeway Club card can I find out?  :-)  Oh wait I don't
have one.  Ignore.

Rod