Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jonah,

> We certainly want it to be a community effort, we're just cleaning up
> the design right now.  The code itself will be posted as-is for anyone
> to break, patch, and enhance.
>
> Even if the design is the only thing the community latches onto,
> improves, and drives into a new working pg_upgrade, that would be a
> good thing.  We're just asking for a little patience.

OK ... can we re-name the project, please, though?   It's going to be
hard for employees of other companies to contribute to the "EnterpriseDB
Migrator".   Maybe "PGMigrator" with EnterpriseDB leading off the
discription?

--Josh Berkus