Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/21/06, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Ooops, didn't mean to start a which-hunt.

Not you're fault :)

> So I think the thing to decide is whether this is EDB freeware or a real
> community OSS effort.  I think that we'll be happy to have either, but
> right now it's in some grey area.

We certainly want it to be a community effort, we're just cleaning up
the design right now.  The code itself will be posted as-is for anyone
to break, patch, and enhance.

Even if the design is the only thing the community latches onto,
improves, and drives into a new working pg_upgrade, that would be a
good thing.  We're just asking for a little patience.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301