Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step
Date
Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step
List pgsql-general
On 7/21/24 12:00, Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>, 21 Tem 2024 Paz, 21:48 tarihinde
> şunu yazdı:
>
>     I don't know enough about Windows locales and the EDB installer to
>     be of
>     further help in that direction.
>
>     Is it feasible to install a Linux VM and install Postgres there?
>

> My main purpose was and still is to reach EDB people using the forum and
> let them know about the problem.
> I believe it is something to be fixed for future installations. I would
> like to provide additional information if needed.

You could try a back door method and post here:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

pgAdmin comes from EDB also, maybe someone on that list could pass your
issue on.

> On the other hand, I have a backup taken on another Windows system that
> I need to restore after installation.
> I am not sure if it will be restored without any issues if I am to use a
> Linux VM. I will try.

If the backup was done using pg_dump it should work. If you are talking
about a file level backup then it would not work.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com