Re: On DNS for postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Allen
Subject Re: On DNS for postgresql.org
Date
Re: On DNS for postgresql.org  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: On DNS for postgresql.org  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Steve Atkins wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> When you commit to providing services to this community, it is
>> absolutely the business of that community on how the infrastructure
>> is managed.
>
> It is the business of the community that the services provided are
> adequate and stable, certainly. That's become rather obvious recently.
>
> Irrelevant details of the server configuration that do not directly
> affect those services aren't really something to gossip about on a
> public mailing list, though.
>
> The two are quite different things.

Andrew was apparently suggesting that the configuration issue he
mentioned is not irrelevant, and may be the actual cause of the
problems. Since he works for a domain registrar, I'm prepared to assume,
at least as a working hypothesis, that he knows what he's talking about.
At the least, I suggest it's wise to consider his opinion rather than
tell him it's not his business.

Tim

Tim Allen          tim@proximity.com.au
Proximity Pty Ltd  http://www.proximity.com.au/