Re: ECPG/OpenBSD buildfarm failures, take I - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: ECPG/OpenBSD buildfarm failures, take I
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:
> It seems ECPG regression tests trigger a bug in OpenBSD libc. Please try
> the attached test case. I should give ERANGE as error, but on OpenBSD
> errno is set to 0.
>
> I tried this test case on Linux, where it works, and OpenBSD 3.8 and 4.0
> (that is HEAD). On both these systems it doesn't. Now the question is
> what do we do?

a bit of testing shows that at least FreeBSD 4.10 behaves similiar to
OpenBSD/i386 and I found the following discussion too:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3759+0+archive/2003/freebsd-standards/20030511.freebsd-standards

that hints that setting ERANGE on an underflow (vs an overflow) is
implementation specific though I ws unable to verify that this is indeed
the case ...

Stefan