PostgreSQL web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Naz Gassiep
Subject PostgreSQL web site
Date
List pgsql-www
Just a suggestion, why don't the web admins turn mod_gzip on? There are
no downsides, and it would likely make a fairly large impact on
bandwidth bills. Think of all the people browsing the PG documentation
(myself included). Not only would bandwidth bills go down,
responsiveness on the docs would be higher as well.

Even if there is no bandwidth saving (if your b/w is free for instance),
I'm of the opinion that mod_gzip and mod_deflate should be used unless
there is a compelling reason not to.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I thought it was worth
mentioning on the off chance it hadn't.

- Naz.