Re: MySQL drops BDB engine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: MySQL drops BDB engine
Date
Re: MySQL drops BDB engine  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-12.html:
>>
>>  Incompatible change: Support for the BerkeleyDB (BDB) engine has
>>  been dropped from this release. Any existing tables that are in BDB
>>  format will not be readable from within MySQL from 5.1.12 or newer.
>>  You should convert your tables to another storage engine
>>  before upgrading to 5.1.12.
> Did they backtrack on this one?  I don't see the change there
> (anymore?)...on the contrary, I see several changes to BDB
> functionality - implying that its sticking around...
>
> Chander Ganesan
> Open Technology Group, Inc.
> One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
> Morrisville, NC  27560
> Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999

Doh!  I stand corrected...I was looking at the 5.1.2 changes, not the 12
changes.  I have customers at NASA that will be very interested in
this....  I wonder how long it will be before it makes the mainstream
news...

chander