Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Schiltknecht
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> But any sync _replication_ system will have severe impact on
> performance. My guess is that for a full sync replication, going from 1
> server to 2 will actually lower performance andsome small gains would be
> possible only starting from 3rd server.

Only testing will show concrete results, but for sure such a general
answer does not make much sense. It all depends very much on the type of
your load. Especially the read/write ratio is very important. Another
important factor is the amount of conflicting transactions.

> My quess is based on using standard 100Gb ethernet. It may be possible
> to do better on some more advanced interconnects like myrinet.

100Gb ethernet already sounds very advanced... ;-)

Regards

Markus