Re: Postgresql, Perl and DBI connect problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bernard Miville
Subject Re: Postgresql, Perl and DBI connect problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

It now works!

I hate SELinux, it always cause me problems.

Any suggestion on how to make SELinux happy without having to turn it off.

Thanks,

Bernard

Tom Lane wrote:
> Bernard Miville <bmiville@iodp-mi-sapporo.org> writes:
>
>> I am just trying to connect to a Postgresql DB using a Perl cgi script
>> from a web page from my own computer on a remote network.
>> I am using Postgresql 8.1.4 on Fedora Core 5 with a Linux firewall that
>> allows all traffic.
>>

> Given that it's a "permission denied" error, I'm wondering about SELinux.
> If you do "/usr/sbin/setenforce 0" as root, does it start working?
>
> I don't suggest turning off SELinux as a permanent solution, but we
> need to narrow down where the problem is.
>
>             regards, tom lane

>        match

Bernard Miville
IODP Data Manager

IODP-MI Sapporo Office
CRIS Bldg., Room 05-103, Hokkaido University, N21, W10
Sapporo, Japan 001-0021
Voice:  +81 (0)11 738-1072
Fax:    +81 (0)11 738-3520
E-Mail: bmiville@iodp-mi-sapporo.org
WWW: http://www.iodp.org
SIP: +1747-6068953 (6068953@proxy01.sipphone.com)
ENUM: +878107472468937
Skype: mivilleb
INTEGRATED OCEAN DRILLING PROGRAM - MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL
Washington D.C. & Sapporo