Re: Postgresql, Perl and DBI connect problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql, Perl and DBI connect problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Bernard Miville <bmiville@iodp-mi-sapporo.org> writes:
> It now works!
> I hate SELinux, it always cause me problems.

It's still got a lot of rough edges, for sure, but I think the idea is
sound.  (And I'm not just saying that because I work for Red Hat ...
just look at all the fun Windows users are having because Microsoft
hasn't even thought of comparable security measures.)  Please try to
fix it, or at least get the attention of people who can fix it.

The first thing is to make sure you are up2date on the selinux policy
module (selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted RPMs, if you took
the Fedora installation defaults).  If that doesn't help, please file
a bug report against selinux-policy-targeted at bugzilla.redhat.com.
My guess is that this has nothing to do with Postgres per se, but is
an overly enthusiastic restriction on what the apache daemon can do.

            regards, tom lane