Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> It is however async replication so you can loose data commited on the
>> master but not yet replicated to the slaves in case you loose the master
>>  completely.
>
> Yes, here is an insufficient point of Slony-I, i think.
> Most systems will not permit the committed data to be lost, so use is
> limited.

Wanna bet?

It is very, very common to have asynchronous replication. I would say
the need for synchronous is far more limited (although greater desired).

Joshua D. Drake

>>> IMO, log-based replication is needed also for PostgreSQL just like
>>> MySQL.
>
> Well, I had misunderstood MySQL. Its replication is also asynchronous.
>
> regards;

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/