Re: Coding style for emacs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Coding style for emacs
Date
Re: Coding style for emacs
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis wrote:
> At the link:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/source.html
>
> It gives some style configuration code to put in the .emacs file.
> However, when I do that, emacs doesn't appear to follow the style of the
> postgresql source. For instance, inside a function definition emacs
> always indents by 8 columns.
>
> What emacs scripts do the hackers use? Is that documentation out of
> date?

I use more or less what is in the developers' FAQ (not surprising, since
I contributed it). It works just fine for me. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html#item1.9

We should probably bring the docs in line with that, unless someone with
more emacs-fu than me has something to add.

cheers

andrew