Re: Intermittent "make check" failures on hyena - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Intermittent "make check" failures on hyena
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus napsal(a):
> Zdenek,
>
>> However what happened? I think that following scenarios occurred.
>> Postmaster listen only in one process and there are many clients run
>> really parallel. T2000 server has 32 threads ( 8 core and each has 4
>> threads). These clients generate more TCP/IP request at one time, than
>> postmaster is able accepted.
>
> I don't quite follow this ... are you saying that the regression test
> generate more than 128 connections?    And that Solaris ships by default
> only allowing 128 connections?

My idea is completely wrong. The problem is not related to TCP/IP stack.
It related only to UNIX_AF sockets. I have tried analyze problem with
dtrace, but I cannot reproduce this on my machine. Josh could I have
access to this server (for D-Trace I need root access as well).
Zdenek