Re: Documenting Replication Solutions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Schiltknecht
Subject Re: Documenting Replication Solutions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Christopher,

I remember Bruce pushing towards a 'PostgreSQL Development
Group'-statement about replication solutions for PostgreSQL. AFAIK,
there is a lot of uncertainty about replication solutions and I think it
would be a good thing to give people some guidance. I think in a FAQ or
such we should cover these type of questions:

- Can I configure a standby server for hot-failover?

- Can I do load-balancing?

- What kind of replication is possible with PostgreSQL, what do the
different solutions implement?

- What's the development status of Slony-II?, of Postgres-R, PgCluster,
etc...

- What's the difference between Slony-II and Postgres-R?

Where on the website do we put such a FAQ? Or should some of these
questions be part of the main FAQ?

Regards

Markus