Re: contrib promotion? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: contrib promotion?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/14/2006 12:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> tsearch2 is functionality that definitely should be in core eventually,
> but even Oleg still says it's not done.  Aside from the documentation
> issue, it's not clear that we've got a stable API for it.

Would moving it in its current state into core help it to get there and
what would the risk be if it is added and remains fragile for a release?
If the problems are wrong positives/negatives on search results, then it
is IMHO okay. If the problems are process crashes or the like, then it
is not.

Jan