Re: pg_regress breaks on msys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_regress breaks on msys
Date
Re: pg_regress breaks on msys  ("Bort, Paul" <pbort@tmwsystems.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>>>This error message seems pretty thoroughly unhelpful though.  Any ideas
>>>what it's unhappy about?
>>>

>>I think we need to change the pg_regress error messages so that it
>>includes the command string that failed, at least for now.
>>

>Done, but I bet it doesn't tell us anything we don't know already.

Well, we have a result, courtesy of a special run from Stefan:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=seahorse&dt=2006-07-19%2017:52:41
has:

Command was:
""C:/msys/1.0/home/pgbuild/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/pgsql.804/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/C:/msys/1.0/home/pgbuild/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/inst/bin/initdb"
-D"C:/msys/1.0/home/pgbuild/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/pgsql.804/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data" -L
"C:/msys/1.0/home/pgbuild/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/pgsql.804/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/C:/msys/1.0/home/pgbuild/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/inst/share/postgresql"
--noclean --no-locale >"./log/initdb.log" 2>&1"

The second "C:/msys/1.0/" should not be in the path to initdb.

Not sure how to fix.

cheers

andrew