Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin,

>>There are still 7.2 systems out there which need it. The problem is,
>>adddepend is broken when run against 8.1. It breaks on serial, I think.

And on some other stuff, too.  I didn't document all the failures, I
just tested and killed it.

Think is, 8.1 does a much better job of upgrading 7.2 datatabases than
7.3 or 7.4 did anyway.  I just tested using a database created in 7.1
and upgraded to 7.2 which has a baroque and unnecessarily complex schema
(legacy production applicaiton) which breaks on 7.4 without adddepends.  I was able to upgrade it to 8.2(today) and it
workedwithout adddepends.

I'm testing dump, load, dump, load now to see if it still works OK.

--Josh