Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> For the code sprint, I'm starting off by removing the projects from
>> contrib which need to be removed by still have some usefulness.  I'm not
>> exactly sure what to do with adddepends, though.   It seems unlike to
>> lead an independent existence on pgFoundry; I'm inclined to just nuke it.
>
> I vote for the nuclear option.  ;-)

as I said when this first came up - we still get a sizable number of
support requests from people trying to import dumps(!) of very old
postgresql versions on IRC.
adddepends is often of some value for those people and I would rather
like to see it fixed for 8.1 and maybe even 8.2 ...

Stefan