Re: Unable to initdb using HEAD on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Unable to initdb using HEAD on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Some more info. If I manually create the data directory first, the output is different:
  C:\Tada\Workspace>mkdir data
  C:\Tada\Workspace>initdb -D data  The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".  This
usermust also own the server process.

  The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_United States.1252.

  fixing permissions on existing directory data ... ok  creating subdirectories ... ok  selecting default
max_connections... 100  selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 4000/200000  creating configuration files
...ok  creating template1 database in data/base/1 ... ok  initializing pg_authid ... child process was terminated by
signal5  initdb: removing contents of data directory "data"