Re: postgresql live-cd - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Koen Martens
Subject Re: postgresql live-cd
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

Robert Bernier wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 20:27, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I suggest we use Ubuntu Dapper, basic install with Xubuntu-Desktop,
>> PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and pgAdminIII.
>
> I agree

We already started basing the live cd on knoppix yesterday, but that
is of course no reason to not switch to ubuntu now. I am not too
keen on ubuntu, it tends to break quickly. I think sticking with the
excellent hardware detection support of knoppix is a pre.

Furthermore, since i have gotten a lot of convincing arguments not
to use ccard-shaped or mini cd's, we're going for a normal CD. Which
means space is not too much of a problem anymore.

A first tentative ISO should be online later today. More info will
follow!

Best,

Koen