Re: Posrgres speed problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ruben Rubio Rey
Subject Re: Posrgres speed problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:05:06AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 04:38:57PM +0200, Ruben Rubio Rey wrote:
>>

>>>I have two similar servers, one in production and another for testing
>>>purposes.
>>>Databases are equal (with a difference of some hours)
>>>
>>>In the testing server, an sql sentence takes arround 1 sec.
>>>In production server (low server load) takes arround 50 secs, and uses
>>>too much resources.
>>>
>>>Explain analyze takes too much load, i had to cancel it!
>>>

>>The EXPLAIN ANALYZE output would be helpful, but if you don't want
>>to run it to completion then please post the output of EXPLAIN
>>ANALYZE for the fast system and EXPLAIN (without ANALYZE) for the
>>slow one.
>>
>>As someone else asked, are you running ANALYZE regularly?  What
>>about VACUUM?
>>

>For the next vacuum, can you add the -v (verbose) switch and email the
>last few lines of output?
>
>INFO:  free space map contains 39 pages in 56 relations
>DETAIL:  A total of 896 page slots are in use (including overhead).
>896 page slots are required to track all free space.
>Current limits are:  20000 page slots, 1000 relations, using 223 KB.
>VACUUM

INFO:  free space map contains 1624 pages in 137 relations
DETAIL:  A total of 3200 page slots are in use (including overhead).
3200 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  20000 page slots, 1000 relations, using 182 KB.