Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(),
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Before we pull pg_dump to bits let's identify some actual benefit from
> doing so. If you look at the code you will see that it is more than
> somewhat complex. A large scale move like you are proposing would be
> very high risk, IMNSHO.
From a person who deals with customer migrations daily perspective.
Anything that is going to put the stability and integrity of
pg_dump/pg_restore in *any* way, is a no op.

Joshua D. Drake

--
            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997