Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(), - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(),
Date
Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(),  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Trying to get back on point. What is the scope of work for the TODO
>> item? Forget everything else I brought up. What is the goal of the
>> existing TODO?
>
> I'm not sure that the TODO item has a reason to live at all, but surely
> the first item of work for it should be to figure out what its use-case
> is.  If pg_dump isn't going to use these functions, what will?

Well I can't think of a reason to use the functions as a way to deliver
CREATE statements.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Joshua D. Drake

--
            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997