Re: [HACKERS] Question on win32 semaphore simulation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Brant
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Question on win32 semaphore simulation
Date
List pgsql-patches
Ah, sorry for the late response (and for any confusion), but the only
thing I tested was Qingqing's rewritten semaphore implementation.  I
didn't test the proposed bug fixes to the existing semaphore
implementation.

We've never been able reproduce (or even trigger) the original "sem_ctl
failed" error in a testing environment so it would be hard to say if the
changes to win32/sema.c have an impact on it or not.  On the other hand,
win32_sema.c seems to solve the pgbench lockups reported earlier by Jim
N. and it successfully completes a reasonably brutal stress test with
real world data and real world queries (which at least is a good
indication that it basically works).

Pete