Re: [GENERAL] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid
Date
List pgsql-performance
>> Well western digital and Seagate both carry 5 year warranties. Seagate I
>> believe does on almost all of there products. WD you have to pick the
>> right drive.
>
> That's nice, but it seems similar to my Toshiba laptop drive experience
> --- it breaks, we replace it.  I would rather not have to replace it.  :-)

Laptop drives are known to have short lifespans do to heat. I have IDE
drives that have been running for four years without any issues but I
have good fans blowing over them.

Frankly I think if you are running drivess (in a production environment)
for more then 3 years your crazy anyway :)

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/