Re: Banners on postgresql.org not running on pgsql? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Re: Banners on postgresql.org not running on pgsql?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

>> As embarressing it is to say, we've been using the MySQL version of
>> phpAdsNew for almost a year now ... its the only one we could find that
>> could actually keep up with the # of hits that the web sites are getting
>
> Um, you just sent that to the list.
>
> I think that's now a priority to fix immediately.  I wish you'd brought that
> up on pgsql-WWW, I don't think any of us would have found it acceptable to
> switch.

I didn't surely want to cause all this, but I'm quite sure it was a
phpPgAds fault: I've tried to optimize some things but it could still
suffer a performance decrease from the fact that it was designed to run
on mysql.

Anyway with a little tuning things can get indeed better and that's true
for both phpPgAds and phpAdsNew.

Best regards
--
Matteo Beccati