Re: Gborg still down - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Gborg still down
Date
List pgsql-www
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 08:41:00PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> Most of the servers are not hosted by hub these days - we have them
>> pretty well distributed around the world these days.
>
> Well, wherever they're hosted monitoring has been an issue for as long
> as I can remember. Search not getting updated, list archives not
> updated, sites down, etc.

Well Search has been resolved as it was moved to us and has been kicking
arse since then. Archives has not had any server side problems in longer
then I can remember.

> If individuals hosting these various services aren't monitoring them
> adequately then the project itself should be monitoring them. Plus
> there's servers/services that I suspect won't get monitored very well by
> their owners (mirrors come to mind...)

It may be helpful to understand that a lot of the servers are mirrors
(like archives) and even if archives is doing just fine the source for
archives may be having problems (which has been the case).

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/