Re: Serious problem within authentication subsystem in 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Serious problem within authentication subsystem in 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But if you have different passwords between databases then you are still
> having the same problem, only at a different scale.

... which we do not have, at the moment; there's one password per user
per installation, and since psql's \connect doesn't allow reconnection
to a different postmaster (does it?) the same password should still work.
Unless it's been changed meanwhile, I suppose.

In any case, isn't psql's logic such that it will prompt again if the
previous password doesn't work?  I'd hate to think I only get one try to
enter my password correctly...