psqlODBC-Driver Test - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Johann Zuschlag
Subject psqlODBC-Driver Test
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Dave Page schrieb:

>Can anyone who was suffering the latin character problems with the old
>Unicode driver try the 07.03 demo version please?
>
>Regards, Dave.

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Hi Dave,

a short (late) Test with:

PostgreSQL 8.0X on Debian Sarge
Unicode Database
Application with psqlodbc+ 7.02.02.60 on Win XP Sp2

Operation: Reading and writing of a, A, u, U, o, O-Umlaut and sz (german
characters)
Data type: varchar(40)
Remarks: I got some odd errors when leaving my application (only once)
Protocol: 7.4+ and 6.4

Result: success

That never worked with any unicode version so far.
The result is remarkable since I can use a unicode database now.

Congratulations!

I have to repeat the test with Win ME.

Regards,
Johann