Re: Performance Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Performance Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Are you sure that is the exact command line you are using for
autovacuum?  I'm not sure it will work like that, I believe the the -s
and -S options require a value to be given.

Anyway, a few things you can do.  It sounds like the table isn't getting
vacuumed frequently enough for you, you need to play with the autovacuum
thresholds and make them more aggressive, or you need to frequently
issue vacuum commands from cron in addition to autovacuum.  You can also
upgrade to 8.1.x since that has integrated autovacuum and allows you to
set a more aggressive vacuuming policy on a per table basis.

Matt