Re: PL/Java WAS: Demo ideas? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: PL/Java WAS: Demo ideas?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Thomas, Kenneth,
>
>> Bug 4953050 is marked to be fixed in "mustang(b65)", which is the next java
>> release (1.6) not yet available. The bug has been reported against 1.4.2
>> and tiger-rc (1.5).
>>
>> The other bug has this note that seems to imply that this was an issue
>> specific to Solaris and the fix might only apply to the specific platform.
>
> Well, I have pull with both the Solaris team and Sun's Java people these days.
> If you can put the problem into a coherent memo, I can probably get it
> addressed in time for PostgreSQL 8.2, unless we run afoul of the JCP.
>
> --Josh

Thanks Josh, this is good to know the next time something pops up. No need for this
particular issue though. I'd consider the case closed since a) Sun has already fixed this.
The zlib fix is included in both the 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 branches at least 2 maintenance
releases back and b) The PostgreSQL backend no longer link with zlib.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren