Re: Huge number of disk writes after migration to 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Marcin
Subject Re: Huge number of disk writes after migration to 8.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> [ studies code... ]  I see the culprit: it's the pgstat_report_vacuum
> and pgstat_report_analyze routines that were added in 8.1.  Those send
> messages unconditionally, meaning that the collector will create table
> entries for every table during a database-wide vacuum, even with stats
> turned off.

So in my case disabling the daily vacuum would, in fact, improve the
write performance ;) ... just joking.

I think I turn off the stats completely, and wait patiently for a fix.
Do you think it will be included in one of next 8.1.x releases, or do I
have to wait for 8.2?

Thanks again for a great help,
--
Marcin