Re: Website - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Miha Radej
Subject Re: Website
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
hi!

just a few quickies:

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/download/
"we recommand installing binary packages": recommand -> recommand
"additional language translations and admin packas": packas -> packs

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/download/snapshots.php
"they are 'works in progress'": missing period at the end of the sentence

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/download/source.php
"omit all \'Universal" and "DLL" builds": \' should probably be ", at
\'Universal"?
at mac osx build instructions: "../configure --with-mac" should probably
begin with only 1 dot instead of 2, "./configure --with-mac"

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/index.php
"may be used on Linux, FreeBSD Solaris, Mac OSX": missing comma after
freebsd
"No external drivers are to communicate with the database server.": no
external drivers are needed?

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/features.php
"Powerful query tool with color syntax highlight": i'm really not sure
about this one, but shouldn't this end with "highlighting"?

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/contribute.php
"for the benefit of out worldwide": out -> our

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/advocacy/
"and bug fixes and helping improve pgAdmin": helping -> help
"some of these companies have": some -> Some (start of sentence)

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/advocacy/information.php
"just click on your country flag": aren't the country flags gone? :)
"when pgAdmin new versions are released": perhaps "when new versions of
pgAdmin are released"

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/development/
"get involved in the project you you wish": i really have no idea what
to suggest :) maybe "as you wish", "if you wish"?

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/development/svn.php
"please source the Source code build instructions": source -> check ||
view || see

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php
"changes to pgAdmin3, as present in svn": is this text extracted from
svn already? if not, according to the advocacy page pgAdmin3 should
probably be "pgAdmin III" and svn written in uppercase, as is elsewhere
on the site.

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/screenshots/ui.php
"with colour syntax highlight": same question as above. also, i've
noticed that in the above note, on the features page, the word "color"
is used whereas here it is "colour". it is a sort of a mix between us
and british english :) words like "color/colour", "dialog/dialogue",
"realize/realise", "analyze/analyse", "favorite/favourite" are some
potential problem makers that come to mind atm.

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/screenshots/data.php
"EXPLAIN and/or ANALYSE": postgresql uses "ANALYZE", see above note
"You will soon realise that": see above note re us/british english

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/screenshots/mb_i18n.php
"other multi-byte charactersets": charactersets -> character sets?
"and partially translated into more than 25 more": kill a more :)

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/screenshots/serverstatus.php
"along with summaries of crrent locks": crrent -> current

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/support/
"help out whereever possible": whereever ... dictionary.com suggests
"wherever" or "where ever"

http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/translation/howto.php
"Browser to the translation status page": Browser -> Browse
"The language template serves as empty template": as an empty... ?
"and set the harset": harset -> charset
"important step because somes strings": somes -> some
"HTML files used by the Guru to notify users": Guru -> Guru Hints? or is
this referring to the mr.-bearded-guru-guy who offers the hints? in this
case, what is his name? does he have one or is he just a guru? or is he
The Guru? :)

done. but this was just a quick read-through.

also, a feature request if i may :) i really like the "display: block"
property in the current left-hand menu. can this please be used in the
new layout as well?

regards,

"... the small primitive tribes joined up and became huge, powerful
primitive tribes with more sophisticated weapons."
   -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods