Re: solving wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: solving wraparound
Date
Re: solving wraparound
List pgsql-general
Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> But if VACUUM fixes the wraparound issue, shouldn't even a badly
>> configured autovacuum make the wraparound not be a problem in 8.1? Or did
>> I miss understand how this works?
>>
> but you can disable autovacuum (i do not why you can do something like
> that but i guess someone will have a good reason)... actually it comes
> off by default in all distros i have seen but windows...

Anyone think it might be reasonable to add a GUC option that tells
autovacuum to monitor for wraparound only, and not for more general
usage based vacuuming?  Something like autovac_wraparound_only.  Not
sure I like the idea, but thought it might be worth some discussion.

Matt