Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:22:09AM -0800, Marc Munro wrote:

> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/
Marc, is there a higher level written summary available
somewhere to be read to understand conceptually how you
implemented row level security ?

We will (in GNUmed) eventually have to implement row level
security. The current thinking is by restricting access to
the tables and setting up views that always do "... where
user=current_user" to limit the viewable data set.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346