Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric E
Subject Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid
Date
List pgsql-general
Has anyone used OpenOffice Base?  Just a thought.  Or Rekall - it's a
bit immature, but it might do what you want.  The dreaded MS Access
can do what you describe in about 4 minutes...

EE

>> > I'm in progress of selecting development platform.
>>pgAdmin3 is written in C++, using the cross-plattform and free
>>

>>Including C,C++,Visual Basic, PHP and PL/SQL(!) in the _same_ ranking is
>>

>just
>insane. They serve vastly difference purposes (Just imagine a
>
>"web-application in PL/SQL, "
>
>Why not ?
>I can create HTML output from pg/SQL and redirect it to browser.
>I hope that XHTML  capabilites will be added to Postgres also.

This is a terrible idea.  For example, how does a browser request a new
page?  There's a plethora of good ways to hook a browser up to a
database, having a webserver built into an RDBMS is not one of them.

>>"GUI-Applikation in PHP"
>>

>To improve imagination you can download Agata Report from
>http://www.agata.org.br/us/index.php
>
>This is is GUI application written in PHP which allows to create reports
>from Postgres database.

You might also want to look at PHP-Lens, which has a simple form-builder.

Cheers,

EE