Re: implement prepared queries in plperl - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: implement prepared queries in plperl
Date
List pgsql-patches

Dmitry Karasik wrote:

>>Dmitry,
>>
>>please supply documentation (i.e. a patch to the SGML) to accompany this
>>patch, or at the very least a description of how it works, with the
>>promise of proper documentation to follow.
>>

>I am willing to write a proper documentation, but I haven't found the place
>where to add descriptions for the new functions, and neither the SGML document
>you're referring to, but I can submit a patch to it if you tell me where it is.

You should probably be working from a CVS checkout, on which case the
file you would need to edit is doc/src/sgml/plperl.sgml

You might find the following references useful if you haven't read them
already:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/sourcecode and
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html

>If you take this as a promise of proper documentation, I'll explain in short
>how it works here:

I will look this over in the next few weeks.

cheers

andrew