was a initdb required from 8.1beta3 -> beta4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject was a initdb required from 8.1beta3 -> beta4?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I messed up and updated my beta3 to 8.1 and didn't realize a initdb was
required.
Is there anyway I can get at the data?  It's on Gentoo and the
/var/lib/postgresql/data dir is still intact.

I tried to install beta4 but got the this error:

FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
200510051, but the server was compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO 200510211.
HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.

Thanks,

Tony