Re: PostgresSQL Halting System Boot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: PostgresSQL Halting System Boot
Date
List pgsql-general
Matias Silva wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm totally new here and I got a little issue.
> I just got done installing PostgreSQL 8.1.  I have configured PostgreSQL
> to start automatically upon system start via an init script.  Problem
> is that when CentOS boots it halts on "Starting PostgeSQL".  I have
> to press the <Enter> key to resume the boot.  It doesn't time out either.
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> I check the PostgreSQL logs and the only thing that stands out is
> "Do you want to choose a different one? [n]Your default context is
> user_u:system_r:unconfined_t.". However when I search Google, I find
> nothing.

This sounds like something to do with selinux, which Redhat build in to
their more recent offerings. I'm afraid I don't know enough about it to
give you specific advice, but you should be able to find out more by
checking the archives and googling.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd